Saturday, January 17, 2009

And, oh, yeah


I can't live without breakfast any more. I used to hate it, it made me retch, but now I get up and I'm prowling around the house saying, what am I going to have to eat this morning?

I eat some strange and some not-strange stuff. My stand-by is a piece of that dark-brown chewy German bread with smoked salmon (also known as lox) on it, with a little of the Gravlaxsas from Ikea. Failing that, a soft-boiled egg with an English muffin and some butter. (I'm not giving up butter). Or, what Al calls the Breakfast of Champions, Arabic bread and baba ganoush. Cold pizza has long been a favorite, but unfortunately not WW-friendly.

I got actively cranky last week when Al shoveled the driveway before making breakfast, because my weekly indulgence has become a bacon and egg breakfast.

So I guess I did make some progress, after all.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I've become a breakfast-lover as well, perhaps in part due to the German man who now resides with me? He, too, whips up a mean batch of bacon & eggs each weekend morning, fortunately quite SB-friendly.