Monday, April 23, 2007

Weigh in day

That would be Mondays. It follows the weekend, you know, when one traditionally cuts loose.

Well, today I didn't lose any weight. I didn't gain any either, which was a miracle, considering that I spent the last week, on reflection, eating like a stevedore. A Weight Watchers stevedore, but a stevedore nonetheless.

So today I'm back on the wagon. Today I counted points punctiliously, and made the 0 point soup. (It's full of cabbage. We're all full of something else tonight...me more than most, since I was ravenous in the afternoon and had two cups of it). I made a cobbled-together faux crabmeat pizza for dinner, inspired by the shrimp and garlic pizza that was once ordered for me in the Canary Islands. It was pretty good--I mean the one tonight. The one in the Canary Islands was obviously pretty good, if I'm trying to duplicate it 15 years later. I managed to end with enough points to have a Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream cone, which I ate without a trace of guilt, since I had more than my 8 servings of vegetables, and even drank all my water today. It probably helped me get in my milk, in fact. So that was good.

This will sound like a rationalization, and may be, in part, but a week without a weight loss, when you have as much to lose as I have, isn't all that bad, or, put another way, isn't that much of a bad thing. It gives you a chance to catch up with yourself. It makes it possible to say, okay, this is who I am right now, this is where I'm at, instead of feeling like Alice, running as fast as you can, just to stay in the same place. I don't know, but it might be relaxing for those around me, having a chance to adjust to me this way, before I start on the next leg of the journey.

I talked to someone about my weight loss, who pointed out that I'm a quarter of the way there. I hadn't looked at it that way before, and that made me feel pretty good.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself today, to be absolutely revolting. I have clothes that fit me again, my hair looked pretty good, and the temperature went through the roof, and from last week's nor'easter, we almost got to 90 today, and it was bare legs weather. So that was fun. I pulled out sandals to wear, ones with crystal decorations, and I enjoyed being a girl.

Furthermore, I'm ready to be good again, ready to lose weight again, ready to go on again.

No comments: